Sunday, January 18, 2009

Michael's Bakery

I'm convinced that Michael's future will either be in the medical realm or in the kitchen. Michael has always loved cooking and baking.

For Christmas my sister gave me a little cake decorating book. Michael would read this every night like a bedtime book, and he found a race car cake that he wanted to make and decorate. So in order to celebrate the new year - I let him bake his own cake. Except for me putting it into the oven - he did all of it - following the cake mix instructions. Then came the decorating - we didn't have any checkered flags - so we improvised with some "north pole" foam stick-ons. He did make the lane marks but unfortunately these got covered up w/ his cars!



I was amazed he could do it all by himself - but I really shouldn't have been that surprised. He is "Mr. Independent" - and fights us all the time over the fact that we know he needs help. We no longer use this phrase - "Michael, may I help you?" instead we ask "Michael can we do teamwork on this project?" - A huge suggestion I would give if you have a little independent kiddo on your hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home