Mommy you don't know how much I love you - 15-100
This has been one of those months - I've either been sick, had a sick child, or I've had some ailment like a sprained ankle. It's not what I had wished for this month, and unfortunately it does not bring out the best in me! Usually when I have so much going on - I get a little cranky and grumpy - and the kids can test my patience like nothing else!
So today when I took Michael with me on an errand he blurted out in the car "Mommy, you don't know how much I love you!". My response was - "Michael you will never know how much I love you!" - and his reply - "I love you fifteen one-hundred - is that a lot mom, 'cause I love you that much?" Wow to hear your child tell you that even when you've not been the best mommy in the world - now that will melt your heart. Yes, he still threw a temper tantrum in the store when I wouldn't let him buy a kid's size broom (what was I thinking?) - but you know what - I had a glimpse into a child's heart. They love us no matter what - wow! Even when they are being disciplined - they still think we're the greatest - even if it doesn't show in that minute. Another glimpse into what it means to have childlike faith!

This blog is for you Michael - I love you ninety-nine one-hundred and more. Some day you will know your numbers and understand that this is a large number but there are even larger numbers and they will never relate to how much I love you! Forever & always, your mommy:)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home